sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 16:50:32 -0500

Roman, do you think you could come up with a full list of suggested
paths for the various file locations?  So, for example, Fabio and
Peter's patch proposed that the membership file live in /etc and that
the dumpdir be in /var/lib/sks/dump and that the message dir be in
/var/spool/sks/messages.  Where do you think a BSD'er would place those
files?  (btw, I'm less interested in your personal preference than in
what you think most BSD admins would expect/prefer.)

We could end up with a few different directory schema.  Or maybe a
simpler approach would be to have an option for specifying the location
of the sksconf file, and have everything else specified there.

Anyway, I'd like to get a clearer sense of what would work best for the
BSD's as well as the various other kinds of boxen out there.  Here's the
link to the FHS patch again as a base.

https://svn.clearairturbulence.org/debian-sks/trunk/sks/debian/patches/500_debian_fhs

--
|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916