sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch

From: Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] FHS patch
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:43:29 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Thomas Sjögren wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 07:22:24AM +0100, Roman Pavlik wrote:
> > I'm afraid that this is not very common on *BSD systems. I prefer more
> > compact form:
> >
> >    /usr/local/sks/bin
> >    /usr/local/sks/lib
> >    /usr/local/sks/share
> >    ...etc
>
> Same here, its easier to see what prog is in which directory etc instead
> of spreading it all around.
> An --fhs option or --prefix= is of course ok.

This was also Yaron idea. To keep around a backward compatibility option
such as -nofhs but leave the deafult to fhs. In any case, even if he will
include the patch (or he does that on his own), a PREFIX is mandatory to
use jail sks in /usr/local or /opt or whatever...

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html