sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] multiple subkey binding

From: Jason Harris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] multiple subkey binding
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 12:19:29 -0500

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 04:56:01AM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:51:59PM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
>
> > I wonder if the 'multiple subkey binding' thing is SKS's fault?
> >
> > I recently upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5, ran update_subkeys, and merged
> > in a keydump from kjsl.

> I think you may have learned them from kjsl.  I seem to recall an
> interaction between the kjsl modified pksd and a vanilla pksd at one
> point.

FWIW, the keys Peter reported all have "duplicate" subkey binding
signatures with the same date and top two hash bytes, where one has
a type 101(?) subpacket (an GPG-ism from earlier versions) and the
other doesn't.  Good keyservers don't modify packets...

--
Jason Harris          | NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
address@hidden | web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/