sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 1.0.5 released

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 1.0.5 released
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 14:38:19 -0500

I guess one thing I haven't emphasized enough is that the subkey update
is indeed quite slow.  It took about a day on my machine.  I should
probably write a faster version, but simply haven't had the time.

One thing to note is that this kind of thing tends to be slower with
fastbuild-built databases than with build-built databases, since the
keys are scattered throughout the database in random order relative to
the hash-order with which one steps through the database.  It's possible
that the default should go from fastbuild to build.  If anyone has any
experience comparing the performance of the two on recent builds, I'd be
interested.  I experimented with it heavily when I wrote that part of
the code, but haven't looked at it a lot since.

--
|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916