sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 1.0.5 released

From: Peter Palfrader
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 1.0.5 released
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:42:06 +0100

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003, Dan Egli wrote:

> Peter Palfrader wrote:

> >>Will subkey indexing magically work after upgrading, or is more action
> >>required?
> >>

> >Some progress indicator for update_subkeys would have been nice.  It
> >seems to take ages :)
>
> Are you sure you grabed the tarball and not a CVS version? I know it
> takes a couple of hours, but still, it should not take THIS long I'd
> think. I'm wondering if you've deadlocked your database. You DID
> shutdown all instances of sks, sks_db, sks_recon, etc...BEFORE running
> update_subkeys didn't you?

Yes, everything was shutdown prior to running update_subkeys, and I use
the released tarball.  I started the update at 10:00:14, and now (at
19:40) there are about 1 500 000 keys processed (as indicated by the
log.  150 times "10000 updates found.  Applying to database").

I have no idea what is slowing it down that badly, but there is plenty
of CPU left, plenty of RAM left and the swap used stays very much
constant (i.e. not trashing) and I don't think that my disks are _that_
slow.

Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal