Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATMega8 class definition

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] ATMega8 class definition
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:16:08 +0200

Hello

On 19 October 2010 01:49, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon Oct 18 18:02 , 'Petr Hluzín' <address@hidden> sent:
>>Simulavr is running on desktop. Users can afford waste few KB if it
>>makes their or our lives easier. Such optimization does not make a
>>sense.
>>
>>Was it a joke?
>
> No.
> For some reason, I was envisioning the possibility of a *lot* of devices.
> That said, even if there were that many,
> templating is no worse than separate code for each.

In distant future there is a plan for a script to process Atmel's XML
file with processor definitions and generate CPP files for all devices
automatically.
When it happens we will not need these aids workarounding human
weakness. It would also probably make the script more complicated and
more difficult to verify/understand the generated code.

Onno Kortmann wrote a preliminary version:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/simulavr.git/tree/src/fab/avr-fab.py

--
Petr Hluzin