screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 21:35:30 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 09:14:13PM +0200, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> On 02.04.14,19:31, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 06:57:39PM +0200, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> > > But it might seem like the development at the savannah repository is
> > > a bit abandonded or have stalled, and that it is notoriously hard to
> > > get a new release of screen.
> >
> > Hrm, I do not really understand what you mean by "it is notoriously
> > hard to get a new release". Is this critism on the software being used
> > at Savannah or on some bureaucracy happening there?
>
> There has been several requests during a long period on this list and
> on the screen-users list for a new release since there are many updates
> in the repository that makes screen more useful. And the previous release
> was in 2008, but there have been no responses to it.

Yes, I know. I understood that sentence in a way that it referred to
Savannah, not to the mailing lists or the development team itself.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)