screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer

From: Jostein Berntsen
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 21:14:13 +0200

On 02.04.14,19:31, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi Jo,
>
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 06:57:39PM +0200, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> [Axel prefers Savannah over GitHub]
> > Many valid points there, Axel, and they are important to consider.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > But it might seem like the development at the savannah repository is
> > a bit abandonded or have stalled, and that it is notoriously hard to
> > get a new release of screen.
>
> Hrm, I do not really understand what you mean by "it is notoriously
> hard to get a new release". Is this critism on the software being used
> at Savannah or on some bureaucracy happening there?

There has been several requests during a long period on this list and
on the screen-users list for a new release since there are many updates
in the repository that makes screen more useful. And the previous release
was in 2008, but there have been no responses to it.

A recent example:

http://osdir.com/ml/screen-users-gnu/2014-03/msg00016.html

Jostein