screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 22:12:09 -0400

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:11:27AM +0200, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:
> I can spend time separating patches into something that can be
> acceptable for official tree without breaking existing functionality.

You have a lot of commit history that I'd hate to see separated into
patches---I'd rather see branches created in the place of patches with
aggressive rebasing to cut everything out, which will keep the individual
commits. (Which can be done easily with `git rebase -i`.)

Of course, depending on what stuff is controversial, it may be just as easy
to instead rebase to *remove* the commits that are no longer desired.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker | GNU Maintainer