Re: [Savannah-users] Mailing list discarding random messages

From: Marin Rameša
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 21:04:02 +0200

On 25.05.2013 20:01:21, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Are the messages very large?  Very large messages will be rejected at
> SMTP time.

No. They are text-only normal size messages, similar in size like the
messages in this thread. No binary attachments of any kind, or
something like that.

> I find no record of it in the Mailman logs on lists.gnu.org.  I don't
> think it was handled by Mailman.
>
> > The successful (just one of the many) is:
> > <address@hidden>
>
> And of course that message is in the post log.
>
>   /var/log/mailman/post:May 24 00:10:53 2013 (22522) post to
> www-hr-lista from address@hidden, size=3227,
> message-id=<address@hidden>,
> success

Thanks for your time and for looking through the post log.

> Thanks for educating me.

I apologize. I did not mean it to sound that way. I misunderstood and
was trying to explain the logical origin of the name.