Re: [Savannah-users] Mailing list discarding random messages

From: Jan Owoc
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 12:53:31 -0600

Hi Marin,

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 3:42 AM, Marin Rameša <address@hidden> wrote:
> problem is that the mailing list is discarding random messages (I
> did not find a pattern explaining how this is done). I removed the size
> limit and tried all sorts of configuration combinations, but the group
> members still don't receive all of the messages, and not all messages
> are archived, just some of them.

I don't have solid proof, but I suspect something similar is happening
to the www-pl-trans list. Someone claimed they sent an email to the
list, but it doesn't appear in the moderation queue, as if it were
discarded somewhere before.

> At first I thought it's a bug, but then again, other groups are using
> mailing lists with no problems. So, it must be a configuration issue.

I don't have solid proof that someone actually sent the email, or that
they actually sent it to the correct list, etc., so I haven't pressed
it as a problem. Do you have a specific email (time, sender, subject)
that you can verify was sent to your list, but you know did not get
properly delivered? Maybe the mailing list admins can look through the
filters to see where it went...

Jan