[Savannah-register-public] [task #12640] Submission of BFGMiner

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12640] Submission of BFGMiner
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 15:46:28 +0000

For the CC'ed: There is an ”important” decision to make. Please read on
(the last paragraph in particular).

The “discussion” on address@hidden came to the conclusion
that the “All rights reserved” notices should be removed to avoid doubts.
I quote Karl Berry
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2013-06/msg00004.html>:

 > As far as I know, "All rights reserved" has no legal effect any more,
[…].  But it would still definitely be better to remove it, simply to avoid
the useless (and inevitable) future questions of whether it is a problem.

Therefore, please remove the “All rights reserved” occurences.

To your question whether to already enable the project in order to have
mailing lists:  I'm uncertain about this.  Usually we don't do this.  If you
promise however, that you or another person will not upload any code to
Savannah until the issues are solved, I might as well do it. I'm giving this
time until tomorrow, so anyone willing from the Savannah team can give their
voice.

Best regards.

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah