[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104288] grep webcvs mail notifications (take

From: Charles Levert
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104288] grep webcvs mail notifications (take 2)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 02:43:49 +0000

Thanks.  I did a test and it eventually worked, but it seems that the mails
emanating from webcvs were delayed and needed approval after (above)

>   by lists.gnu.org
>   with tmda-scanned (Exim 4.43)

and before (below)

>   by lists.gnu.org
>   with esmtp (Exim 4.43)

as can be seen by the presence of a

header field, whereas those emanating from cvsroot did not.  (They went
through immediately.)

Did you (or someone else) indeed have to manually intervene?  Did you change
something to prevent having to do it repeatedly in the future?

There is another detail that I tried to report a while back (3 months ago) but
about which I didn't receive feedback past a first forwarding:  the clock of
host lists.gnu.org, that is used to generate time stamps in header fields of
email messages going through it at various stages of processing, seems to be
improperly synchronized by a few minutes.  I would facilite diagnostics if it
were synchronized (e.g., using NTP) within a few milliseconds of official
time.

This is complicated by the fact that the identity and contact address of the
sysadmins for each of these hosts (as opposed to the generic address of the
GNU webmasters, which is not appropriate for this) is not clearly published.
It would be nice if it were.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104288>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/