[Savannah-hackers-public] Subversion svn moved to new server

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Subversion svn moved to new server
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 11:55:31 -0700

I have moved the subversion svn service to the new servers.

All seems to be working well on the new server.  I observe a lot of
traffic flowing on the new server.

Of course using the ssh transport everything works perfectly.  Plus
svnserve seems to be working well.  In this case the interesting case
is https/http.  Subversion uses WebDAV for access.  At the present
time that requires an Apache specific mod_dav_svn module in order to
service the Subversion protocol.  I set up an Nginx/Apache proxy.

On additional piece of functionality this brings is https access in
addition to http.  I am not planning on announcing that widely in case
it needs to be rolled back to the old server for some reason.  Instead
I am just going to announce the server and IP address change.  If all
goes well and this sticks then make an https announcement separately
and perhaps as part of a combined https announcement.  Plus we should
update the Savannah web page to recommend https at that time.  But in
the meantime if anyone is using svn over http and wants to test and
report on svn on https functionality that would be great.

The following is my test suite for svn.  I am hoping that covers all
of the corner cases of present use.

    svn ls svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/administration/trunk
    svn ls svn+ssh://address@hidden/administration/trunk
    svn ls http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/administration/trunk
    svn ls https://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/administration/trunk

    wget -O/dev/null http://svn.sv.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=administration
    wget -O/dev/null http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/?root=administration
    wget -O/dev/null http://svn.sv.nongnu.org/viewvc/?root=administration
    wget -O/dev/null http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/?root=administration

    wget -O/dev/null https://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/

Are there any more corner cases that I should include in the test suite?

Bob