Re: cross-platform backup tool We have a new site, and we need help!

From: EricZolf
Subject: Re: cross-platform backup tool We have a new site, and we need help!
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 11:42:14 +0200

Hi Greg,

On 27/10/2022 00:20, Greg Troxel wrote:
Eric Zolf <ewl+rdiffbackup@lavar.de> writes:

as the subject says, we have a new site at https://rdiff-backup.net/!

Thanks for the update.   I am a sometimes user and sometimes maintainer
of the pkgsrc package.  A few questions:

   - Does this mean https://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/ is no more?

Well, sort of, it anyway redirects to rdiff-backup.net.

   - Does it mean that rdiff is no longer on savannah.nongnu.org?

We've stopped using actively savannah.nongnu.org since many years, even before my time, it's just technology-wise rather outdated and doesn't offer all the amenities we are used from GitHub. This said, we still rely on Savannah for _this_ mailing list, hence it won't go away that fast.

   - Are there plans to get off github, given all the usual issues?

Which usual issues? No plans so far.

KR, Eric

PS: please refrain from addressing me directly, I do read the mailing list.