Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup fails

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup fails
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 23:34:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Ben Escoto wrote:

> > And I'm wondering what happens if one rdiff-backup starts running
> > before the previous finishes. Would this cause a problem?
>
> Shouldn't be an issue since you are writing to separate destination
> directories.

rdiff-backup does some tests to make sure there isn't an already running
backup on the same target though, doesn't it?

istr i really screwed up once because i'd left a "--force" in a script of
mine and rdiff-backup didn't finish in 24h and the next one started up...
and the target was really screwed up after that :)

the second instance started regressing the work of the first instance...
while the first instance was still doing its thing.  afterwards i ended up
deleting the entire mirror and starting over because i couldn't figure out
an easy way to get it to a sane staqte.

-dean