[RP] bugs, features, etc

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: [RP] bugs, features, etc
Date: Fri Oct 18 18:35:03 2002

First off, ratpoison is very cool.  No idea if I'm switching yet, but
we'll see.

I'm using version 1.2.0-cvs (current debian unstable release).

First, a minor bug:

if you split the screen twice vertically, you get 3 windows proportioned
.5 .25 .25.  All is well.  If you delete the middle of the three, you get
two windows proportioned .75 .25.  This is probably not the desired
behavior in the majority of cases.  I think it should return to .5 .5
proportions.

Second, some feature requests.  I have no idea which of these break the
idea of complete minimalism, but...

I actually have a kindof strange setup, as I have a Toshiba Libretto
laptop with a screen resolution of 1280x600.  I like to run my xterms at
half the screen width, because that's plenty and I like two of them, but
for most web pages, full screen works better.  So, I'd like a way to
automatically have only one frame when displaying Mozilla, but two for my
xterms.

I also have some misbehaving programs (cgoban is the only one I really
care about) that resize  things based on the horizontal window size.  So,
when cgoban gets maximized, the square board takes up too much vertical
space, and other things don't get reasonable amounts of screen space.  I
know this isn't your fault, and I'll bother them about it too, but a
simple workaround of being able to easily resize frames would be great.

Also, a graphical task switcher would be cool.  Something like the window
list it already has, but using a tab key or arrows or something to choose
the window to bring up, instead of having to remember numbers.  Kinda like
alt-tab in other window managers.

Anyway, thanks for a really great program.  Off to continue playing with
it...

Thanks

Evan Daniel