quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Suggested change for bash_completion

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Suggested change for bash_completion
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:42:44 -0700

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 02:56:06PM -0700, Joe Green wrote:
> One thing to watch out for:  I didn't have a quick replacement for
> "_longopt grep", so the patch just removes it for now.  To fix it
> portably I guess would mean either adding the options manually to the
> "-W" clause or including an equivalent function for _longopt.

Here is the relevant chunk of /etc/bash_completion. I have no idea why
debian differs that much from upstream with that regard. In general, I hate
when improvement are not reported upstream, making the debian version
forking for obscure reasons. But this one may be a special case, no idea.

I'm gonna commit your changes soon, but I would like you to react on this
first, just in case you want to adjust your patch ;)

If you want the whole /etc/bash_completion, just ask.

Thanks for your time, Mt.

--
La drogue était un milieu plutot sain avant que le sport ne s'en mêle.