quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Suggested change for bash_completion

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Suggested change for bash_completion
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:03:29 -0700

Thanks, I'm gonna commit it right away. When I think the time it took me to
get the previous kind of working with the quilt internals... Why didn't I
think myself about using external commands ?

And those numbers were also a bad idea, indeed.

But there is another bug in this file which puzzle me. When the completion
is used, the history is broken. Ie, the completed line is added in the
historic at the end of previous one. Since that's my first try to write a
completion file, I've no idea what it could be. Do you have any idea about
that?

Anyway, thanks again.
Mt.

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:04:38PM -0700, Joe Green wrote:
> I have a suggestion for a change to bash_completion.
>
> The attached patch changes the completion script to use only external
> quilt commands instead of internal functions to get patch lists.  This
> makes the script a bit simpler, and it should be less dependent on
> particular quilt versions.  The performance is not noticeably different
> on my system.
>
> At the same time, I changed it to supply only the most applicable list
> of patches for each command (e.g. only applied patches for "pop", only
> unapplied patches for "push").
>
> I also don't include the patch numbers for push and pop completion.  It
> would be easy to put this back, it just didn't seem that helpful to me
> in a command completion.
>
> --
> Joe Green <address@hidden>
> MontaVista Software, Inc.