quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Suggested change for bash_completion

From: Joe Green
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Suggested change for bash_completion
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 19:00:29 -0700

Martin Quinson wrote:
Thanks, I'm gonna commit it right away.

You're welcome.  I'm glad you found it useful.

But there is another bug in this file which puzzle me. When the completion
is used, the history is broken. Ie, the completed line is added in the
historic at the end of previous one. Since that's my first try to write a
completion file, I've no idea what it could be. Do you have any idea about
that?

Hmm, I'm either not understanding you or not seeing this effect. Are you saying that if you display "history", it shows one command appended on the end of another? If so, that's definitely not happening for me.

There is one other difference in how I run it, though. I don't know where the "have", "_filedir" or "_longopt" functions are supposed to come from, so I have a patch that replaces them with portable bash functions. I don't know if that might affect the behavior you're describing.

--
Joe Green <address@hidden>
MontaVista Software, Inc.