quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Suggested change for bash_completion

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Suggested change for bash_completion
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:44:11 -0700

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 07:00:29PM -0700, Joe Green wrote:
> Martin Quinson wrote:
>
> >But there is another bug in this file which puzzle me. When the completion
> >is used, the history is broken. Ie, the completed line is added in the
> >historic at the end of previous one. Since that's my first try to write a
> >completion file, I've no idea what it could be. Do you have any idea about
> >that?
>
> Hmm, I'm either not understanding you or not seeing this effect.  Are
> you saying that if you display "history", it shows one command appended
> on the end of another?  If so, that's definitely not happening for me.

Mmm. I would have sworn I had this issue, at least. I guess that your last
patch solved that also, even if I remember seeing that after sourcing the
new file. Anyway. I love when bugs get so ashamed of themselves that they
disapear just like that ;)

> There is one other difference in how I run it, though.  I don't know
> where the "have", "_filedir" or "_longopt" functions are supposed to
> come from, so I have a patch that replaces them with portable bash
> functions.  I don't know if that might affect the behavior you're
> describing.

I dunno either, but I'm also interested in that patch since it could help
this file working on non-debian boxes ?

Thanks, Mt.

--
The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity.
    --Hoare