Re: [Qemu-ppc] qemu-system-ppc64 -M ppce500 always booting to qemu monit

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] qemu-system-ppc64 -M ppce500 always booting to qemu monitor console plus no output on serial console
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 12:27:10 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015, Do Vincenzo wrote:
Ok, so the last IN occurrence is this one: 0x000000000001fad8:  b       0x1fad8
here's the full log of the last two IN: http://paste.ubuntu.com/14072313/
after that, the log keeps going on but without any IN.

It is jumping to itself so it reached a halt condition.

Also I've tried to print what's at the 0x1fad8 address but the output is empty.
I've printed the log buffer with the -cpu parameter:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/14072246/

I see a kernel panic in this referring to the device tree:

BUG: Failed verifying flat device tree, bad version?

What that means though I have no idea but you could try searching for this.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan