pspp-users

Re: I can't install it

From: Domingo J Rubira López
Subject: Re: I can't install it
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 08:01:04 +0200

Yes Alan. You are right. I have tried installing and removing several
versions, and I can install almost all of them. The problem is that no one
of them seems to work properly.

I didn't install the program at work and on that pc I can do things I can`t
at home. My pc is Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Last versión I have installed
is pspp-20170909-daily-64bits-setup.exe. (GNU pspp 1.0.1-g818227) But I
only could not install pspp-20181109-daily-64bits-setup.exe (I think the
latest version).

I attach here two screenshots about import data. First of all you can see I
can choose the file. When I get next I only get the next screenshot and
can't see anything more.
[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

Regarding add files... I want to join 2 files with the same variables. 2
similar Datasets. I write in sintaxis windows the sentence " add files
/file='Proteinuria.sav' /file='DataSet1.sav' " as you see below. But it
doesn't work and there is an error (another screenshot, in Spanish saying
there is no file I want).
[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

All these options work properly at work with GNU pspp 1.2.0-g0fb4db
version. But I said I trtied many versions at home.

Thank you

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_4860660131002267052_m_-5579933005172881426_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

El jue., 13 ago. 2020 a las 21:34, Alan Mead (<amead2@alanmead.org>)
escribió:

> Domingo,
>
> Sounds frustrating and I'm sorry to hear that.
>
> You said that you cannot install it, but then you say that it's not
> working right, so I'm guessing that you can install it, that it starts, but
> that it doesn't function properly. Is that correct?
>
> And it functions correctly at work, but not at home? And your home
> computer is Windows 10 64-bit?
>
> Which file did you install? If it's installed and you cannot recall, start
> PSPP, choose Help, then About and the version appears in the middle of the
> dialog. For example, I'm running "GNU pspp 1.3.0-g937088". I've had trouble
> recently where the 64-bit PSPP didn't work on my 64-bit Windows machine,
> but we decided that was because it wasn't Windows 10 and that doesn't seem
> to be an issue for you.
>
> You shouldn't have to install anything other than pspp.
>
> About the data import, you click buttons like "Next" to move through the
> import wizard (see screenshot). Are they not visible?
>

> And regarding the error when adding files, what does "adding files" mean
> exactly? And what is the exact error you get?
>
> -Alan
>
> On 8/13/2020 1:32 PM, Domingo J Rubira López wrote:
>
> Hello everybody, could anyone help me?
>
> I am trying to install pspp on my personal computer (to work at home). I
> have Windows 10 Home system (64 bits) and I tried the most exe files
> inhttp://pspp.awardspace.info/
> andhttps://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/
>
> I don't really know why, but it doesn't work properly. I can't import data.
> It always stays in the first step, choosing the file, it never continues to
> select if all cases or only the first ones. I can´t add files either. It
> says there is an error with the file. But at work I got it, so it is a
> problem from my pc or my pspp version.
>
> Where can I get a pspp software to work properly? Must I install anything
> before?
>
> Thank you
>
> Domingo
>

> --
>
> Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
> President, Talent Algorithms Inc.
>
> science + technology = better workers
> http://www.alanmead.org
>
> The irony of this ... is that the Internet is
> both almost-infinitely expandable, while at the
> same time constrained within its own pre-defined
> box. And if that makes no sense to you, just
> reflect on the existence of Facebook. We have
> the vastness of the internet and yet billions
> of people decided to spend most of them time
> within a horribly designed, fake-news emporium
> of a website that sucks every possible piece of
> personal information out of you so it can sell it
> to others. And they see nothing wrong with that.
>
> -- Kieren McCarthy, commenting on why we are not
>                     all using IPv6

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_4860660131002267052_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image