pspp-users

Re: I can't install it

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: I can't install it
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:34:39 -0500

Domingo,

Sounds frustrating and I'm sorry to hear that.

You said that you cannot install it, but then you say that it's not
working right, so I'm guessing that you can install it, that it starts,
but that it doesn't function properly. Is that correct?

And it functions correctly at work, but not at home? And your home
computer is Windows 10 64-bit?

Which file did you install? If it's installed and you cannot recall,
start PSPP, choose Help, then About and the version appears in the
middle of the dialog. For example, I'm running "GNU pspp 1.3.0-g937088".
I've had trouble recently where the 64-bit PSPP didn't work on my 64-bit
Windows machine, but we decided that was because it wasn't Windows 10
and that doesn't seem to be an issue for you.

You shouldn't have to install anything other than pspp.

About the data import, you click buttons like "Next" to move through the
import wizard (see screenshot). Are they not visible?

And regarding the error when adding files, what does "adding files" mean
exactly? And what is the exact error you get?

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

The irony of this ... is that the Internet is
both almost-infinitely expandable, while at the
same time constrained within its own pre-defined
box. And if that makes no sense to you, just
reflect on the existence of Facebook. We have
the vastness of the internet and yet billions
of people decided to spend most of them time
within a horribly designed, fake-news emporium
of a website that sucks every possible piece of
personal information out of you so it can sell it
to others. And they see nothing wrong with that.

-- Kieren McCarthy, commenting on why we are not
                    all using IPv6