Re: [Protux-devel] protux 0.17.8 is out

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] protux 0.17.8 is out
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:09:47 +0200

Reinhard Amersberger wrote:

btw - I checked out the downloadable libmustux/protux packages on another
machine, but got some problems (Martin?):

1. Running ./configure for libmustux was sucessfully, but then the output of make
told me that automake >=1.7 is needed for compilation .... but isn't that a job
for the configure script?

no, it shouldn't even be needed there...

automake >= 1.7 is required to build the Makefile.in's from the Makefile.am's, but that's only required when you change the Makefile.am's... Neither ./configure nor make should require automake, but it seems as when you run make it wants autotools to be installed. I'm working on that.

2. Similar problem for protux ... Luciano said that libmustux0.17.5 is required
for compiling protux, but configure script said: NO, it's not enough! ;-)

the configure script in current Protux checks for libmustux 0.17.5 and for me it runs fine:
   checking for libmustux version >= 0.17.5... yes
what output do you get ? what is the output when you run 'mustux-config --version' ?

/Martin