Re: [Protux-devel] autostuff migration : almost there 2

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] autostuff migration : almost there 2
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:58:16 +0100

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:16:52 -0200
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> I manually removed all autoconf / automake directories on my system, and
> re-installed from sources.
>
> now compilation works using directly the configure script. New errors are
> appearing , but I believe I can work around them...

ok, summary: after clean up and fresh install of autotools ./configure on a
fresh cvs checkout works ? That means the most important problem right now is
solved ?

what are these new errors ? when are they appearing ?
even in the case it works in a way now... these should still be tracked..

> I belive I will have problem only if I have to run autoconf automake again
> right ? which are the situations  ?

if configure works now, it may be that all autotools will work, or not.

basically you'll need to run autoconf when you changed the release number in
configure.ac, and you need to run automake when you added removed source/header
files to Makefile.am.

if you need to change configure.ac or Makefile.am and the autotools fails to
create a new configure and Makefile.in, you still can make the changes, and ask
on the list that someone runs the autotools and commit it... it's not a good
solution but a workaround untill it is fixed correctly.

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy:
->http://gnuwin.epfl.ch