Re: [Protux-devel] my work is locked :-(

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] my work is locked :-(
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:53:39 +0100

tapio laxström wrote:

Martin Herren wrote:

aclocal -I /home/giordana/Documents/alsa/alsa-lib-0.9.0rc5/utils/
autoheader -I /home/giordana/Documents/alsa/alsa-lib-0.9.0rc5/utils/

I had just same kind of problem.
I got it work when I installed mustuxlib with --prefix=/usr/
and then used aclocal with '-I/usr/share/aclocal

My problem was that I had aclocal which was compiled from sources and installed with prefix /usr/local/. Then I istalled redhat8 which istalled newer versions from autotools (including aclocal). Now if I tried to run aclocal with -I/usr/local/share/acloal it could not find those newer *.m4 files from /usr/share/aclocal. Instead it tried to use those older ones from /usr/local/share/aclocal which produced same kind of error that you are having.

yeah, it's possible that you have conficting versions installed. Instead of installing mustux to /usr, just copying the mustux.m4 file (and maybe the alsa.m4 file) where the newest version of your autotool macros is should do it... or remove the old ones.

hope we'll get that problem fixed asap

/Martin