plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] May I help? / Bugreport

From: Eric Christopherson
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] May I help? / Bugreport
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 20:28:41 -0600

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 10:32:30PM +0100, Linuxhippy wrote:
> Please answer me the following question:
> How fast is Plex86 compared to bochs? Is 4x as fast possible?

When it's working, it should be much faster. Bochs actually interprets the
x86 instructions, whereas plex86 merely allows the CPU to execute them
directly (except for certain ones which need to be trapped). Unfortunately,
it isn't stable or complete enough yet for speed to matter much.

--
Furrfu!         r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t