plex86-devel

[Plex86-devel] May I help? / Bugreport

From: Linuxhippy
Subject: [Plex86-devel] May I help? / Bugreport
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:10:56 +0100

Hi there!

Hmm, fisrt a bug report:

I´m using SuSE-Linux 8.1 with the standard-kernel, the module-load
script most time terminates with this error-message:

Warning: loading ./../kernel/plex86.o will taint the kernel: non-GPL
license - LGPL
   See http://www.tux.org/lkml/#export-tainted for information about
tainted modules
./../kernel/plex86.o: init_module: Invalid argument
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
       You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
The kernel module failed to load!

When I tinkered a little bit around I was able to load the module
manuelle with insmod, but when I wanted to start plex86 my whole
Linux-System rebooted. I´m not able to run plex86 under any
circumstances, I only was able to load the kernel-odule two times, and
both the system rebootet when I tried to starte the user-space binary.

My Prozessor is a P4-1600 Mobile....

2.) I think what plex86 does is very important for Linux, maybe if
plex86 can improve some featured (such as high-color output in windows),
it will be bundeld with most Linux-distributions and the linu-newbies
will say:"Yeah, Linux can run Winodws!!"

So, I want to help.
But I really hate C-Code and I´m absulutly not experienced in writing
such software.
So, do you need somebody for your Homepage? I would be also willed to
write an graphical configuration tool for plex86, or do some other stuff.