plex86-devel

Re: [Plex86-devel] May I help? / Bugreport

From: Linuxhippy
Subject: Re: [Plex86-devel] May I help? / Bugreport
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:32:30 +0100

Hola!

I'd take a guess and make sure you use the same gcc version than what
have been used to compile the kernel. This is the first cause of a
module
crashing Linux. Also make sure that you have the correct kernel
headers
(some distros ship these separately, I don't know about SuSE).

I used the same gcc and the kernel-hearders are aso the same.
SuSE did a 2.5er backportof  using apic and acpi, could that be the problem?

Please answer me the following question:
How fast is Plex86 compared to bochs? Is 4x as fast possible?

I appreciate your offer to contribute to Plex86, please post it to the
mailing
list so we can hear the others (esp. Drew) as to what needs to be
done.

How I said before, I wont contribute to the "core"-system, only to the website or a graphical configuration tool....

Thanks,

I have to thank!

su Linuxhippy

EL