Re: Pingus still not compiling - errors attached

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Pingus still not compiling - errors attached
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:01:17 -0000

The error messages look familiar, but i can't remember where on when I've
had them, if I remember I'll let you know.

> Are you working of my .dsp/w files? Have you compiled your own versions of
> ClanLib or downloaded them etc?

| Since I didn't get it to work by trying to exclude some of the libs (only
the
| error messages changed) I'd ask you to send me the rest of the .lib files
you
| use to compile Pingus.
| So far you sent me hermes, freetype, jpeg and libpng. If I use only your
libs
| and only add the Vorbis libs from xiph.org and MikMod I guess there's
little
| chance for the build to go wrong and we could finally get static Win32
| binaries.
As ClanLib is in theory supported on Windows don't the release static
binaries at all? They should but I seem to remember something being not
quite right with that, but they might have that sorted now.

| BTW your libs are smaller by far then every lib I've built so far, don't
know
| why.
How much smaller? I turn on Release mode (much smaller), /OPT:NOWIN98 (about
10-50Kb smaller), and multithreaded dynamic link library (even for .exe's,
about 20Kb smaller)
These settings should all be in the .dsp/w files with Pingus.

Ginge