Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] version milestones regarding addressbook a

From: Alex Borges
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] version milestones regarding addressbook and calendar
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:06:45 -0500

> I want to be able to, say, enter a new contact through Thunderbird and
> have it show up in phpGroupware. Entering contacts into LDAP (using GQ
> browser) does not show up on the web (current SQL store is just copied
> on write to the LDAP system, yes?). I also want to be able to write to
> remote iCalendar with a client like the MacOS iCal, or Sunbird.

a) Thunderbird has no write access to ldap does it?

Nehow... yeah... both are planned and somehow started (calendar is ro
from sql -> ics, addressbook is wo from sql -> ldap).

> So, my actual questions-
>
> - What is the current development timeline?

 Still in the process of migrating to the new infrastructure. We will
know what we need to get to production quality when most stuff is
ported.

> - Do you plan to have external read/write capabilities to
> addressbook/calendar, and if so, when (version milestone) is it scheduled?

Yes
> - What is the status of the xml-rpc interface? Is it considered
> experimental?

It is usefull already for many things. But its not lake the whole phpgw
infrastructure of basic apps are readily, naturaly available. This will
probably change in the next release.

> - Does my concept of a native client + web interface system jive with
> your overall design goals?

Yeah. It does.... but some are also thinking of a custom made xul based
client using javascript  and the new dom2 objects to access the
groupware through xmlrpc. I think i have a couple of buyers for that as
well.