Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure - some progress

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure - some progress
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 23:32:06 -0700

Dave Hall wrote:

Hi all,

after some discussion with Dan on #phpgroupware we (Dan and I) have agreed
on the following points:

* The existing core team member will be given the title of Project Founder
* The current core team will be replaced by the Coordination Team
  - this will be composed of:
    # the Project Founders (who will have 1 vote each, but no veto rights)
    # elected representatives - the positions need to be clarified a little

agreed

    # if a founding member is "AWOL" there will be delay of 1 week before a
vote is conducted

To clarify, the delay would only happen if an inactive founder wants to vote on an issue. The week is to allow that founder to get current, and study up on the issue, and explain their point of view. After that the vote will take place as normal.

* Domain name admin contact will be assigned to the FSF

agreed

* The website will be hosted by the FSF

This is assuming the FSF wants to do this, and has the hardware for it.

* All copyright will be assigned to the FSF

agreed

* All people who assist in building the project will be called contributor -
not developer
* Contributors will be more involved in decision making

agreed

Oustanding Issues - Not agreed
Trademark - i am taking a back seat position on this one for the time being

Im not really going to back down from this, so if possible lets move on.
A good example of why it may be useful for me to keep the trademark is that if a company wanted to hijack the project by putting staff into the project and basicly taking control by the system we are putting in place. I would be able to keep the project from being taken over by way of trademark ownership.

I will not use the trademark to simply get my way, or any such malicious actions. The ONLY time I will use it is if the project becomes something I could not be proud of and want to be involved with. In this case I would use the trademark and leverage to fork the project to allow phpGW to continue down a better path.

Outstanding Issues - For discussion
Definition of activity
Job Descriptions
Timelines for implementing changes

This is only a small amount of the things to be discussed... but we can deal with that when the essentials are approved by the signators of the proposal.

Dan