Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Adding to the phpgw wiki...

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Adding to the phpgw wiki...
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:00:16 +1100

Izzy Blacklock <address@hidden> wrote:

> I would like to learn how I go about adding something to the phpgw
> wiki.  This
> address is provided as a link to the administrator when I click
> one of the
> question marks.

This is not possible at this time.

> I'm currently working though a number of problems getting phpgw
> working with
> LDAP authentication.  The main source of my problems seems to be
> the lack of
> documentation.  I'd like to help change this.  A wiki is an ideal
> way for
> people to contribute to the development of the phpgw
> documentation.  Locking
> all the pages makes this impossible.

We welcome contributions, but we must see some results before giving you
rights to change things.  This goes for all developers, be they coders,
support crew or documenters.

> I can understand wanting to keep an overall level of quality to
> the wiki
> contents, but having a poorly written base for others to improve
> on would be
> better then no documentation at all.  May I suggest at least
> starting a
> contribution page which can be edited freely?

At the moment only developers have write access to the wiki.  The ACLs
don't currently allow this, and yes quality is of major importance to
us.  I would suggest that you create the document, put it on a website,
we will check it and if it is up to scratch then we will add it.

> OAN, I found the axisgroupware project and wiki.  I see that their
> wiki is
> open for contributions, but I'm not sure how I feel about this
> project.  The
> overall idea of having a group trying to bring the different
> groupware type
> projects together is helpfull, but having there own release of
> phpgroupware
> is likely to cause great confusion.  I've already looked over some
> of there
> documentation and worry if they are fully compatible with
> phpgroupware.  This
> doesn't help when you are trying to debug problems. :(  Sadly,
> they don't
> have any LDAP documentation either. ;(

But axisgw is not phpgw.  There wiki is designed for ideas, ours is
designed for documentation.

I hope you can understand the need for such policies.

Cheers

Dave