[Phpgroupware-developers] Fatal error: Call to a member function on a n

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 20:21:48 +0000

I'm trying to add categories support for projects in timetrack a la addressbook
but
am getting an error (as noted in the subject line)

I couldn't find any programming refence on the new web site so I am posting here

He are portions of my code for reference ... please tell me if you think
something
is missing

$this->cat      = CreateObject('phpgwapi.categories');
/* I've tried this */
cat_option($this->prefs['default_category']);
/* and this (separately) */
cat_option();

I've included the function cat_option from
addressbook/inc/class.uiaddressbook.inc.php and the error lists the line from
that
function
$cats_link .= $this->cat->formated_list('select','all',$cat_id,True);

The formated_list function is in phpgwapi/inc/class.categories.inc.php

Shouldn't the CreateObject set up the link to the
phpgwapi/inc/class.categories.inc.php functions?