Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] How to implement super-admin

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] How to implement super-admin
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:39:20 +1100

"Alex Borges (lex)" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Have you ever seen the ACL? Can anyone else confirm it works!?
>

> Go to users, click view, youll see you can have an admin let users
> access or not different sections of the admin app....maybe that is
> whatyou are looking for?

Where is this?  I would find that pretty handy.

As for the super admin functionality, that does not currently exist
afaik.  In the ACL definitions there is 32? for the 'Group Manager' Role
... but i never figured out what it was for.  I would suggest using a
higher value of say 64, which could be the super admin user.

Please be aware that there are some major changes happening in the api
for the next release.  I would suggest that you use the head code and
discuss the changes you are making here so people know what you are
planning and it is not wasted or duplicating other's work.

Cheers

Dave