Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Integration with WebDAV

From: Adam Hull
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Integration with WebDAV
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:38:54 +0000

Glad you like the idea. The more I think about it the more I like it as well.
Mostly because CVS is aging and has way to many limitations. And since we are
going for a web interface interoperability with CVS is really negligable. We
simply want versioning. And rather than write our own WebDAV interface, just
use subversion. We may eventually want to write a WebDAV interface so we can
pull from a remote subversion server but that can be an added feature later if
we want it.

Despite their version numbers, I suspect they are close to reaching 1.0 just
by looking at their roadmap. Take a look here:
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_status.html

I think it is stable enough to start using/developing it now. As I said
before, the subversion project is using it now and I have read other brief
reviews that say it works ok.

What does everyone else think?