partysip-dev

[Partysip-dev] Problems forwarding with Route header + syntax

From: Sahil Rangari
Subject: [Partysip-dev] Problems forwarding with Route header + syntax
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:27:45 -0400

Hi,

First, I would like to thank you for helping me with partysip installation.

I am testing some call scenarios with our sip stack.
I am facing one particular error/incomplete call, and a syntax conflict on part
of osip/partysip.

*******************
*******************
1)
Test set:

    X ua ----------------P partysip ------------ Y ua
(89.101.0.30:5060)     (89.101.0.30:8060)    (89.3.8.8:5060)

- Y successfully registers with partysip as "address@hidden"
- X sends an Invite to P with Y's address of record.
- P forwards Invite to Y after record-routing itself.

==============
a)
INVITE sip:address@hidden:5060 SIP/2.0
Route: <sip:89.101.0.30:8060;lr>

In the above call, if Invite has a pre-loaded 'Route' header,
P does not forwards it to Y. Instead, P returns a 503 to X.

The reason the Route header is present in the initial Invite is
that P serves as a outbound proxy for X. According to
RFC 3261, Section 8.1.1.1 and 8.1.2, it is desirable
to have a preloaded route designating the outbound proxy
(which is P in this example).

======================
b)

INVITE sip:address@hidden:5060 SIP/2.0

If the pre-loaded route header is not include in the Invite,
it is resolved and forwarded to Y and the rest of call is completed.

Fwded as -
INVITE sip:address@hidden;maddr=89.3.8.8 SIP/2.0
=======================
c)
INVITE sip:89.3.8.8:5060 SIP/2.0
Route: <sip:89.101.0.30:8060;lr>

If the Invite request URI does not have address-of-record
of Y, but it's IP address, and the pre-loaded Route header,
the Invite is forwarded to Y and the rest of the call completes.
===========================

Could you point out as to why a) and c) behave differently.
A look at sip trace shouws the following difference for/without Route.

with route header:
<../../../partysip/plugin/ls_sfull/ls_sfull.c: 222> ls_sfull plugin: mandate
statefull handling for route.

without route header:
<../../../partysip/plugin/ls_sfull/ls_sfull.c: 188> ls_sfull plugin: checking if
we are responsible for request-URI 'cognitronics.com'
<../../../partysip/plugin/ls_localdb/ls_localdb.c: 278> ls_localdb plugin: 1
locations found!

Attached are the config file and trace file for your consideration.
(Please ignore the 408s etc. in the log).

2)
  Whenever Partysip server forwards the request, it decrements the Max-Forwards
as
  required. But it also changes header to lowercase viz. "max-forwards", which
is
  not the right syntax as per RFC 3261. Could you give me pointer as to this
  problem is with the osip/partysip encoder(struct-to-text)/decoder(parser).

Thanks and Regards,
Sahil