partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] Problems forwarding with Route header + syntax

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] Problems forwarding with Route header + syntax
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:13:19 +0100 (CET)

In the following message:

INVITE sip:address@hidden:5060 SIP/2.0
From: Babbler <sip:address@hidden>;tag=1651094
To: sip:address@hidden
Call-ID: address@hidden
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 89.101.0.30:5060;branch=z9hGb4K16510945702676
Contact: sip:89.101.0.30
Max-Forwards: 70
Route: <sip:89.101.0.30:8060;lr>

The Pre-route set is OK.
But: The request-uri contains "cognitronics.com:5060" which
is not equals to "cognitronics.com:8060" where your proxy is
supposed to run!

Because of the port is different than the one where partysip
is running, partysip think it must forward the request to
a SIP endpoint or proxy running on "cognitronics.com:5060".

The behavior of partysip is correct!

Note that, if you do not specify a port number, the proxy will search in
the local database of registred users.

Aymeric