partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] compiling partysip

From: Jayesh Srivastava
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] compiling partysip
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 20:02:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Aymeric Moizard <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Ralf Mahlo wrote:
>

> What are the changes you made? Can you send the
> modified
> code with some proper #ifdef for the TRU64 platform.

In my case I get very few problems during compilation
and I already resolved those.  I am sending the file
which I changed with this mail. Pls look into that.

> > >  2. snprintf() is used in partysip which is not
> > > supported by TRU64 Unix.
>
> so what did you do to compile? any code to send back
> to me?

I simply changed it to sprintf for the time being
becoz it is hardcoded there so I suppose that part
will change in future and right now it is not
effecting much.  This is just for testing purpose.

> > > BUGS:
> > > In josua.c it is used like this which should to
> be
> > > changed.
> > >  493    ua_global_core = ua_core;
>
> Are you using the --disable-mt options with josua???
> I've never tried this. (yes, true...) Is it working
> for you?
> I just tried and as expected it completely fails..
> just because
> it's not implemented... :)

I tried once and I got compilation error which I
mentioned above but I have not tested that yet so I
dont know much abt this issue.

And thanx Ralf it worked after commenting the connect
line as u suggested.

> Let me know if this fix all the issues.
> Please, send me patches for gethostbyname if you
> fixed that...
> Thanks
> Aymerc

Well I am sending the pplsocket.c file with this mail
if this will solve the problem let me know.
Bye for now.

Jayesh

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com
/*
  This is the ppl library. It provides a portable interface to usual OS features
  Copyright (C) 2002  WellX Telecom   - <address@hidden>
  Copyright (C) 2002  Aymeric MOIZARD - <address@hidden>

  The ppl library free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
  it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
  (at your option) any later version.

  The ppl library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
  GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.

  You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
  along with the ppl library; if not, write to the Free Software
  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
*/

#include "ppl_socket.h"

PPL_DECLARE(ppl_socket_t) ppl_socket(int domain, int protocol, int type)
{
  return socket(domain, protocol, type);
}

PPL_DECLARE(ppl_socket_t) ppl_socket_bind(ppl_socket_t sock,
                                          struct sockaddr* addr, int len)
{
  return bind(sock, addr, len);
}

PPL_DECLARE(int) ppl_socket_close(ppl_socket_t sock)
{
  return close(sock);
}

PPL_DECLARE(int) ppl_socket_write(ppl_socket_t sock,const void *buf, size_t
count)
{
  return write(sock, buf, count);
}

PPL_DECLARE(int) ppl_socket_read(ppl_socket_t sock,void *buf, size_t count)
{
  return read(sock, buf, count);
}

PPL_DECLARE(int) ppl_gethostbyname(struct sockaddr_in *sin, char *hostname, int
port)
{
  struct hostent result_buffer;
  char tmp[GETHOSTBYNAME_BUFLEN];
  struct hostent *result;
  int my_error;

/* Jay changed according to TRU64 plateform

  gethostbyname_r(hostname,        the FQDN
                  &result_buffer,   the result buffer
                  tmp,
                  GETHOSTBYNAME_BUFLEN - 1,
                  &result,
                  &my_error);
*/
#ifdef _OSF_SOURCE
  gethostbyname_r(hostname,       /* the FQDN */
                  &result_buffer,  /* the result buffer */
                  &result
                  );
#else
  gethostbyname_r(hostname,        the FQDN
                  &result_buffer,   the result buffer
                  tmp,
                  GETHOSTBYNAME_BUFLEN - 1,
                  &result,
                  &my_error);
#endif

  if (!result)
    return my_error;

  {
    int curaddr=0;
    sin->sin_family = AF_INET;
    sin->sin_addr = *(struct in_addr *)result->h_addr_list[0];
    sin->sin_port = htons(port);
    printf("pplsocket.c: IP addresses used: %s\n", result->h_addr_list[0]);
    ++curaddr;
    while (result->h_addr_list[curaddr]) {
      printf("pplsocket.c: IP addresses to be tried later: %s\n",
result->h_addr_list[curaddr]);
      ++curaddr;
    }
  }