partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] compiling partysip

From: Ralf Mahlo
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] compiling partysip
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:41:28 +0200

Jayesh Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>    This is purly related to TRU64 plateform.  When
> compiling I got the same err what u people got so I
> changed gethostbyname_r() function.  And below is the
> man page wordings...
>
> [DIGITAL] The gethostbyname_r() function is an
> obsolete reentrant version of the gethostbyname()
> function.  It is supported in order to maintain
> backward compatibility with previous versions of the
> operating system and should not be used in new
> designs.
>
> This is used in ppl_socket.c which gives err when
> compile.
>
> In my case the other problem I phase is snprintf
> function.
>
>  2. snprintf() is used in partysip which is not
> supported by TRU64 Unix.
>
> BUGS:
> In josua.c it is used like this which should to be
> changed.
>  493    ua_global_core = ua_core;
>
> It should be global_ua_core.
>
> Other very intersting stuff with me is udp_send.c is
> not working it gives SIP_NETWORK error.
> L3 -1021454256- <udp_send.c: 183> SIP_NETWORK_ERROR -
> Network error.
> And errno number is always 2...
> I am printing this before sendto function call and
> after also...
> It is not changing.

I've got the same error and solved this by deleting the line with
'connect(...' in function cb_udp_snd_message in udp_send.c, because
sendto directs the message to the receiver..

.#ifndef WIN32
//  connect(sock,(struct sockaddr *) &addr,sizeof(addr));     <-- this
line is not necessary!
#endif
  if (0  > sendto (sock, (const void*) message, strlen (message), 0,
        (struct sockaddr *) &addr, sizeof(addr)))

...or you can use send()  (with connect()) instead of sendto(), which
don't use the receiver address.

Regards, Ralf