Re: Dynamically changing remote servers list

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Dynamically changing remote servers list
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:53:09 +0200

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Douglas A. Augusto <daaugusto@gmail.com> wrote:

> The feature that allows modifying the list of remote servers on-the-fly should
> be implemented first. Please, if you think it is an important feature, vote on
> it here:
>
>    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?42983

While Savannah supports voting, I have a feeling I know who is going
to implement it (it is not like there is a huge team of programmers
behind GNU Parallel). And I am easier to persuade using good
arguments: Why is it a good idea that will benefit many people? It is
also helpful to write a draft for what should go into the man page or
give an example that can go into the tutorial and/or the man page.

Unless I hit some hard issues it is pretty likely to make it for the
september release.

/Ole