pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Seeing contents of 'Sent' postings that were never poste

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Seeing contents of 'Sent' postings that were never posted
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 06:17:25 +0000 (UTC)

Dave posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2018 19:26:54 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 02:49:55 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> There's no real need to put the column order in prefs as it's simple
>> drag-N-drop.
>
> For whatever reason, mine don't drag'n'drop.  It's most likely an
> atrifact of the build on FreeBSD and/or the associated libraries it's
> built against.  I keep up to date through binary packages generally
> which lag the source based ports by a week or so, but I always build Pan
> from the source based ports, but not necessarily the latest Pan, ie not
> from Git.  FreeBSD ports generally track the Git source fairly closely.
> It;s something that concerns me enough to bother about :-)

Hmm...  I could have sworn...  But now that I test it, while the column
widths drag-n-drop (probably what I remembered, compounded with column
drag-n-drop from my kde/plasma desktop), the columns themselves do not,
they only flip sort order when I attempt to drag them.

So you appear to be correct, and either I remember incorrectly about the
columns themselves dragging, or you're correct on the it's a version
(likely gtk) supposition as well.

But luckily, the up/down arrows in prefs/headers, as mentioned by someone
else, /do/ work to change the order.  So probably that's what I used when
I reordered them a bit way back when, and I'm simply mis-remembering the
column dragging from some other app.

(Which bothers me.  Now I'm wondering what else I'm mis-remembering.
Sort of like that time I dreamed something that seemed so real, and that
wasn't obviously incorrect on its face, that I only figured out like two
weeks later that it wasn't real, when I realized that something else that
I actually had proof that it happened couldn't have happened if the first
thing I thought happened had actually happened.  Events like that make
one begin to doubt their sanity, and it's... unsettling... to say the
least!  Luckily that dream thing was back before the turn of the century,
as if it had happened in the last few months I'd /really/ be getting
worried!)

So yeah, chalk one up to "better actually test it before posting"!  And
thanks!  However embarrassing and disturbing it is to be found wrong like
that, I'd a whole lot rather be disabused of my illusions, yes, even
publicly, than to never know about them in the first place!