pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Seeing contents of 'Sent' postings that were never poste

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Seeing contents of 'Sent' postings that were never posted
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 02:49:55 +0000 (UTC)

Dave posted on Sat, 08 Dec 2018 13:28:41 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 13:21:24 +0000, Dave wrote:

>>> Mmm. No sign whatsoever of any column in front of SENT's Subject...
>>>
>>>    (Using Linux Pan 0.140)
>>>
>> In  Edit --> Preferences --> Header Pane (5th tab from left)
>>

> [...] I just found another
> idiosyncrasy!  Adding new columns puts them at the far right and I can't
> see a way to change the position.  I ended up unticking all the columns,
> coming out of prefs, go back in and then add them one at a time, in the
> required order, exiting and re-entering prefs each time a column is
> added.  There may be a simpler way to edit them in the pref XML file but
> I didn't look.

There's no real need to put the column order in prefs as it's simple drag-
N-drop.

Once the columns are displayed in the headers pane, you can do the usual
drag the column header to the ordered-place you want it.

But while drag-N-drop can be used to change the order (and FWIW the
column width, drag the divider to the right of the column you want to
change, instead of the column header itself), it can't be used to show/
hide the columns entirely, so that's put in prefs.