pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: OpenSolaris?

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: OpenSolaris?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:02:16 -0600 (CST)

Pan Fans,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

I copied my .pan2 directory from my Linux box to OpenSolaris running under vmware and fired up pan. At first I thought I had lost all my settings but eventually discovered everything appeared to be there except pan "forgot" which groups I was subscribed to. I searched for a group I was subscribed to and it showed the correct number of unread articles. I tried opening the group and pan chewed for quite a while, then eventually segfalted and dumped core.

I think I'm making progress. I think the above core dump was due to a resource shortage under vmware. I now have OpenSolaris Indiana installed natively and have successfully compiled and run pan. I do have one problem, however. I restored my .pan2 director from backup and it appears pan "forgot" which groups I was subscribed to and which articles I had read. The latter is the more troublesome, especially on GigaNews. To test I resubscribed to one group and opened it up and found unread articles dating back to January of 2008. :-( Has anyone seen similar problems and, hopefully, does anyone know of a way to recover the read article info?

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX