pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: OpenSolaris?

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: OpenSolaris?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:39:10 -0600 (CST)

Pan Fans,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

I just made it through a successful compile on OpenSolaris. I'm working remotely via ssh right now so I won't be able to thuroughly test it until I get home.

Well, close, but no cigar.  :-)

I copied my .pan2 directory from my Linux box to OpenSolaris running under vmware and fired up pan. At first I thought I had lost all my settings but eventually discovered everything appeared to be there except pan "forgot" which groups I was subscribed to. I searched for a group I was subscribed to and it showed the correct number of unread articles. I tried opening the group and pan chewed for quite a while, then eventually segfalted and dumped core.

Did I read somewhere that some users had problems under Gnome? I usually never use Gnome but since I was testing under vmware I decided to give OpenSolaris Nevada a try and didn't bother setting up my usual window manager, dwm. So, Gnome might be part of the problem. And/or it could just be running short on resources running under vmware.

I tried switching to dwm but had trouble with Nevada's login manager. I'm more familiar with Indiana than Nevada and had dwm working well under Indiana. I'm installing Indiana under vmware as I type this and will continue my testing there. The saga continues ....

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX