pan-users

[Pan-users] pcre error (was: undefined reference to iconv)

From: arnuld uttre
Subject: [Pan-users] pcre error (was: undefined reference to iconv)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:17:41 +0530

> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> The recommendation is therefore to try the latest pan, 0.133.

okay, I thought PAN has 2 branches: stable and testing. I did not know
that 0.14 was obsolete. Web-site did not offer much information on it.

> how old Centos 4.4 is, either.  If it's >4 years old, old-pan should fit
> right in.

yes, CentOS 4.0 was released on March 2nd of 2005. The 4.x are just
with new security updates keeping the base system same. Anyway, I
tried installing 0.133 and got this error:

checking for PCRE... configure: error: Package requirements (libpcre
   >= 5.0) were not met:

Package libpcre was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libpcre.pc'
No package 'libpcre' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables PCRE_CFLAGS
and PCRE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

address@hidden pan-0.133]$ pcretest -s
PCRE version 4.5 01-December-2003

  re>
address@hidden pan-0.133]$

If I install the newer pcre in /usr/local , will it break my existing
system. I can't take the risk as its office computer, not mine. Or you
guys can suggest some other older version or some other older
Newsreader.

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/the-lost-love-of-mine/