pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] On gmime signing: Was: compile error from current git ma

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] On gmime signing: Was: compile error from current git master head
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 19:01:06 +0200

On Friday, 10 September 2021 00:31:48 CEST Jack via Discussions of Pan source
code hacking. wrote:
> Still too soon to know exactly what's happening, but when I sent the
> post, I got
>
> (pan:8313): gmime-CRITICAL **: 18:23:04.019:
> g_mime_multipart_signed_sign: assertion 'GMIME_IS_CRYPTO_CONTEXT (ctx)'
> failed
>
> (pan:8313): gmime-CRITICAL **: 18:23:04.019: g_mime_part_set_filename:
> assertion 'GMIME_IS_PART (mime_part)' failed
>
> If that gives anyone ideas, great.

I can only guess that the conversion from gmime2 to gmime3 has other errors.
Fixing this may require to inspect all the gmime3 code (embedded between
#define) and check gmime3 doc. IIRC, there's a migration document.

Unfortunately I cannot check as gmime2 is no longer available on Debian.

> Otherwise I wouldn't follow this
> particular goose-chase until I have more definitive information.

Agreed. On Debian side, nobody complained about broken signature, so the
important part is to make sure that pan can be compiled. I think this will be
the case once dgraef/gmime3-bugfix branch is merged.

Once this is done, I'll push a release.

All the best

Dod