pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] compile error from current git master head

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] compile error from current git master head
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 09:44:31 +0200

On lundi 6 septembre 2021 23:16:20 CEST Jack via Discussions of Pan source
code hacking. wrote:
> I actually just made that change locally.
> To truly test, I have to figure out when that code actually gets invoked
> - is it when posting a mime-type attachment, or trying to read one from
> a post?

Gmime doc mentions: "Attempts to sign the content MIME part with userid 's
private key using the ctx signing context. "

I guess this code is used when posting a MIME message with a part signed with
your private gpg key. I never tried that.

> I suppose I can put a debug output maybe a breakpoint in gdb,
> but that only helps if I actually do hit that code.  I also wonder if
> that change needs to also be applied to the else part of those ifdefs.

> I think the change is due to a newer gcc or perhaps std=c++ version, not
> directly to the gmime2 -> 3 change.

You should check gmime2  doc to be sure.

> I have no idea when gmime3 will be
> sufficiently available to remove support for gmime2, but probably not
> very soon.

I'd say update the gmime2 part if users complain that gmime2 is broken.
There's no point in maintaining a code that nobody uses.

HTH