pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] On gmime signing: Was: compile error from current git ma

From: Jack
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] On gmime signing: Was: compile error from current git master head
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 18:31:48 -0400

On 2021.09.09 13:57, Jack via Discussions of Pan source code hacking. wrote:
On 9/9/21 13:38, Detlef Graef wrote:
[snip....]
I've created a fix in my repo, branch "gmime3-bugfix":

https://gitlab.gnome.org/dgraef/pan/-/tree/gmime3-bugfix

Commit:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/dgraef/pan/-/commit/48403462d6dda7079f85dc98c59a86c57d9a86a5

FYI, maybe someone would like to test it.
I'll  give it a try later - but I still have the question of how to actually invoke that code?  As far as I can tell, it would be run prior to posting an article which has an attachment that gets signed, but I have not found any way to attach anything to a post. I do have gpg keys, but I also haven't found a way to confirm that Pan knows about them.

I haven't tested this patch yet, but I did discover something about signing. In order to get Pan to even think about signing a post, you need to edit your posting profile, and select PGP as the signature type.

Still too soon to know exactly what's happening, but when I sent the post, I got

(pan:8313): gmime-CRITICAL **: 18:23:04.019: g_mime_multipart_signed_sign: assertion 'GMIME_IS_CRYPTO_CONTEXT (ctx)' failed

(pan:8313): gmime-CRITICAL **: 18:23:04.019: g_mime_part_set_filename: assertion 'GMIME_IS_PART (mime_part)' failed

If that gives anyone ideas, great. Otherwise I wouldn't follow this particular goose-chase until I have more definitive information.

Jack